Focaccia Bread dates back to ancient Rome. Back then named panis focacius was a flat bread that was made on an hearth. Focaccia derives from focus, which in latin means “hearth, place for baking” which is an homage that ancient bread. BakeMark’s Artisan Crusty bases, being extremely versatile, will therefore be perfect in any bakery looking to bake focaccia or any other bread. Talk with your sales reps about BakeMarks line of bread bases and mixes.
BakeMark Products Used
|Brand||Product or Type||SKU||Link|
|Westco||Artisan Crusty Base||38133|
White Flour (100%) 10LB
Westco Artisan Crusty Base (7%) 11OZ
Dry Yeast (1%) 1.6OZ
Water (65%) 6LB 8OZ
Olive Oil (5%) 8OZ
- Incorporate all ingredients on 1st speed for 5 minutes
- Mix on 2nd speed until full gluten development 5-6 minutes. Desired dough temperature is 75°F
- Bulk ferment dough for 15 minutes
- Divide dough to 8 oz and shape round.
- Place in an oiled pan and bench rest the dough 15 minutes.
- Dimple dough until it fills the pan.
- Proof 45-60 minutes at 90°F and 80% humidity.
- Top with olive oil or as desired.
- Bake at 420°F for 30 minutes.