BakeMark Products Used
|Product or Type
|Native Grain Bread Mix
- Combine Westco Native Grain Bread Mix, Trigal Dorado Fresh Yeast, salt and water according to directions on bag of Westco Squaw Bread Mix for a small batch. Use your scale to weight all the ingredients, including the water. Use your thermometer to temp the water in order to achieve a finished dough temperature of 80°F.
- Mix 2 minutes on low then 8 minutes on medium until the dough is developed.
- Optional: mix in nuts, raisins and other dried fruits to make fruit and grain bread.
Rest the dough 45 minutes to one hour, covered, before dividing. Scale into desired size pieces and make up. Brush with egg wash (one part whole eggs to 4 parts water). Dip bottoms in corn meal before panning.
PROOF AND BAKE
- Proof for approximately 60 minutes in a 95°F/65% proofer. Let bread dry 5 minutes after removing from proofer. Score tops with a sharp knife.
- Bake at 425°F for 8 minutes with 10 seconds steam. Lower temperature to 380°F and bake for an additional 18-20 minutes.