BakeMark Products Used
|Product or Type
|European Puff Sheets 15" x 23"
|Instant Vanilla Custard Cream
|Vanilla Dipping Icing
|Chocolate Dipping Icing
Alternate Products Used
|Product or Type
Use BakeSense Whipped Topping to prepare some Westco Instant Vanilla Custard Cream according to the instructions on the bag for a small batch.
Bake 3 sheets of well docked BakeQwik European Puff Pastry in a convection oven at 375°F for approx. 20 minutes. Be certain the puff pastry is baked all the way through before removing from the oven. Do not over bake.
Optional: for thinner layers place the puff pastry sheets between two sheet pans for the first 10 minutes of baking. Make sure to place a baking paper under and on top of the puff pastry. Remove the upper pans for the final 10 minutes of baking time.
- Place half of the vanilla custard on top of one of the cooled puff pastry sheets. Top with a second puff pastry sheet. Place the remaining custard on top and then place the last sheet, bottom side up, over the custard filling.
- Using a sheet pan, press down firmly on the assembled Napoleon without breaking any of the puff pastry sheets.
- Place in the freezer overnight.
- Remove the assemble Napoleon from freezer. Coat top puff pastry sheet with Westco Vanilla Dipping Icing heated to 105-110°F.
- Before the icing starts forming a thin skin pipe parallel lines of Westco Chocolate Dipping Icing heated to 105-110°F the length of the Napoleon.
- Draw a sharp knife through the chocolate to create a pattern.
- Trim the rough edges of the Napoleon. Cut into 3 strips lengthwise. Cut each strip into pieces 1 ½” wide each.