BakeMark Products Used
|Product or Type
|Cinnamon Roll Mix
|Ultra Rich Creme Cake Mix
|Karmel Hon-E-Roll Glaze
|Honey Pectin Glaze
Alternate Products Used
|Product or Type
|Vanilla Creme Cake Mix
Mix the dough following the directions provided on the bag of Westco Cinnamon Roll Mix for a small batch. Use your thermometer to achieve a finished dough temperature of 80°F. Bundle and let the dough rest for 45 minutes.
Blend together the following ingredients on low speed until the mixture forms small crumbles.
- 4 LB Westco Ultra Rich Crème Cake Mix
- 12 oz. Butter or margarine
- 1 LB Brown sugar
- 1 oz. BakeSense Ground Cinnamon
- Sheet the dough ¼” thick by 18″ wide. Brush lightly with water. Sprinkle on the cinnamon filling mixture (see recipe above). Roll the dough into logs. Cut them into 2 oz. pieces.
- In a full sheet baking pan, smear a layer of Best Brands Karmel Hon-E-Glaze about 1/8” thick. Use a pan extender if you have one. Cover the glaze with diced pecans. Place 35 cut pieces of dough on top of the pecans.
PROOF AND BAKE
- Proof for approx. 30 minutes until ¾ of final size in a proof box set to 100°F/80%.
- Bake at 335-365°F or until light golden brown. Immediately upon removing from the oven carefully turn the pan upside down and away from you. Leave the pan on for approx. 1 minute until all the glaze drips on the buns. Remember that the glazed side will form the top of the rolls. Remove the pan with care.
Note: The rolls may take longer to bake because the glaze will insulate the rolls from the heat and they won’t brown as quickly.
After the cinnamon rolls have cooled, finish by brushing with Westco Honey Pectin Glaze.