A Mother’s Day Bouquet Cake fit for EVERY Mother out There!
Mother’s Day is a time to celebrate the special women in our lives who have given us so much love and support. And what better way to show our appreciation than with a beautiful bouquet of flowers? This year, surprise your mom with a stunning bouquet cake that looks just like a fresh floral arrangement!
BakeMark has the Ingredients You Need
This Mother’s Day bouquet cake is made with layers of moist, delicious cake in mom’s favorite flavor, and decorated with buttercream frosting in various shades of pink and green. Westco’s line of Extra Rich Cake Mixes gives you an array of flavors that produce the highest quality cake. Utilizing Westco’s Sup-R-Fluffy Vanilla Buttercreme Icing will give you the structure you need to allow multiple cakes in your display. The vibrancy and freshness of your cakes will mirror any floral bouquet. Each petal and leaf carefully piped by hand. Your creation of a stunning and unique floral design is sure to make mom feel loved and appreciated.
BakeMark Products Used
|Product or Type
|Extra Rich White Cake Mix
|Sup-R-Fluffy Vanilla Buttercreme Icing
|Liqua Gel Rose Pink
|Liqua Gel Leaf Green
- Follow the Westco Extra Rich White Cake Mix bag directions for a small batch.
- Using a large serrated knife, slice a thin layer off the tops of the cakes to create a flat surface.
- Place 1 cake layer on your cake stand, cake turntable, or serving plate.
- Evenly cover the top with about 3/4 cup of frosting. Top with 2nd cake layer and evenly cover the top with about 3/4 cup of frosting. Top with the third cake layer. Spread the remaining frosting all over the top and sides or, to replicate the decoration in the picture.
- Refrigerate for at least 30-45 minutes before slicing. This helps the cake hold its shape when cutting.
- Once cake has been assembled with frosting between the layers, spread a thin layer of frosting, called a crumb coat, all over the top and sides.
- Tint frosting your desired colors (mauve and dusty pink) and a very tiny drop of green.
- Grab 3 piping bags. Fit piping bags with star piping tips. Add spoonfuls of two different colored frostings to each piping bag, alternating colors.
- Your piping bag will be marbled with different colors. (Note: We kept one piping bag only the mauve color.)
- Twist the open end of the piping bag shut and squeeze the frosting down to the tip. Squeeze some frosting onto a plate until you begin to see more than 1 color. Pipe swirls, roses, and hydrangea-looking flowers all over the cake, starting at the bottom and working your way up.