HERE TO SUPPORT YOU, OUR PARTNERS!
We understand the confusions and fear of the unknown that is occurring within our industry and across the world right now. BakeMark is here to support and help you get through these rough times as people continue to practice social distancing and are our of work.
As a company, our hearts go out to the families and communities most impacted by this COVID-19 pandemic. While the latest updates point to restrictions being loosed in some areas, the risk is still great, so we continue to emphasize our commitment to support our industry, our customers and our employees during these challenging times. As the leading bakery supplier, we remain committed to supporting you.
Tips for Staying Healthy
As consumers have scaled back their out-of-home and snacking activities, we are here to help our bakery customers spread the word that they do remain open for business; and that sanitation and cleanliness are top priorities. That is why we are encouraging our customers to follow and promote the best practices for minimizing exposure, as shared by the Center for Disease Control (CDC). These best practices include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating and preparing food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick or are exhibiting any symptoms.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- When possible, practice social-distancing by limiting your direct physical contact with others, and try to keep yourself at a safe distance, at least six feet away.
- Stay informed. For more information, visit the CDC website – cdc.gov/covid19
Promoting Your Business During Restrictions
At BakeMark, our focus is on our customers. That’s why, when the quarantines began and our customers began to feel the impact, we acted right away, to be the first in offering our support We’re here to help – that’s what we do – and we continue to offer free posters to help promote your bakery operation and best manage your business during these trying times. These posters are free for our customers, and will help let consumers know that your shop is open, clean and ready to serve their needs, so please reach out to your dedicated BakeMark Sales Rep to get your posters.
At the same time, out-of-home dining is being restricted in certain areas, so restaurants and bakeries are having to rely on pickup/to-go orders and delivery orders to maintain their business. To help you better serve your customers during this time, we encourage you to sign up for an account with the various food delivery service providers that can deliver products to your customers. This will help ensure that your customers can still enjoy their favorite bakery treats delivered to them, especially important at a time when new restrictions may limit dine-in activity.